ControllerSupervisor: Vice President of Finance and Administration
Responsible for the generation of monthly financial statements providing both external reporting and internal management reporting. Primary liaison between the company and the external audit firm. Provides analysis of financial performance as well as ensuring accuracy of financial reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly closing schedule and generate monthly financial statements in the first ten business days of the month.
- Ensure that all subsidiary ledgers are properly generated (Sales, Accounts Receivable, Cash Receipts, Accounts Payable, Cash Disbursements, Payroll) and reconciled to the General Ledger on a monthly basis.
- Analyze monthly financial results and provide information on significant transactions affecting the financial statements during the month.
- Provide monthly financial statement review with department heads, in which revenue and expense performance and trends are discussed and understood.
- Develop and administer a Revenue Recognition policy and ensure adherence on a monthly basis. Work with management to define all revenue and expense items for accounting and management purposes.
- Maintain the Dynamics General Ledger reporting package. Develop expertise in the report Writing function and transaction processing.
- Oversee and conduct training of the accounting staff.
- Act as primary liaison between the external auditors and the company. Direct the flow of information between the two groups and ensure that all information for the audit is provided.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset accounting system. Properly classify all fixed assets for tax and book purposes and reconcile to General Ledger. Ensure all depreciation and amortization entries are made.
- Serve as member of annual operating plan (budget) preparation team and quarterly LTYE (budget reforecast) team.
- Perform A/R collections and reporting.
- Prepare informational tax return Form 990 and MA Form PC for submission to the IRS and Massachusetts Attorney General’s office.
- Prepare and transmit the appropriate payroll and timekeeping information to the outside service bureau. Generate and input all payroll entries to the General Ledger and reconcile the payroll registers to the financial statements. Maintain all internal payroll files and data.
- Prepare annual Form 5500-SF for the 403(b) retirement savings plan, and related Form 8955-SSA Filing form for submission to the IRS and DOL.
- Prepare other periodic financial reports (CPB, PEF).
- Track investment purchases, sales, revenue, and portfolio balances on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Supervise Accounting Clerk, and Receptionist for Ancillary Revenue duties.
- Perform Human Resources administration duties such as onboarding of new hires and the explanation of and enrollment in benefits.
- Benefits management including interaction with third party healthcare cost reimbursement company and all benefits providers (TIAA, HPHC, Delta Dental, HRCTS, STD & LTD insurers, LTC insurer, WC insurer including annual payroll audit, MBTA).
- Ancillary revenue tracking, reporting and collection using multi-year tracking spreadsheet and programs database information.
- Maintains regular and dependable attendance
- Prepare a daily and weekly cash position report for review by the V.P. Finance and Administration. This will include cash receipts and disbursements, transfers between investment accounts and a forecast of expenses over the next 60 days. Make funds transfers as necessary.
- Provide additional ad hoc reporting as required or requested by department heads, Vice President of Finance & Administration, or CEO to assist in company decision-making process.
- Process credit card payments for annual Fall Marketplace event registration.
- Collaborate with Contracts Manager ensuring proper supplier payments.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties
Education, Skills and Experience:
- MBA or CPA with 5-10 years of relevant experience or someone who posses significant, comparable experience and/or qualifications
- Hands on experience with a PC based General Ledger package
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Prior responsibility for the complete generation of monthly financial statements.
- Comfortable in a small company environment
- Self starter with the ability to work under deadline
- Participative work style
Send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements electronically to Controller1@APTonline.org. APT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.